SLTM Mentoring Program
SLTM is dedicated to improving themselves by providing each of it’s guests and members with a firm support structure. This is obtained by the passing of skills and experience down from Mentors to Mentees. SLTM pairs experienced members and guests together with experienced members of the club that can assist and help grow. Both parties benefit as the Mentee gains the skills and knowledge to continue and amplify their experience in Toastmasters, while the Mentor receives the opportunity to pass down their knowledge. When you give, you get.
A mentoring program has many benefits for new members:
- Learn the program. Mentors help new members become familiar with the CC and CL manuals, club meeting roles and opportunities available through membership.
- Learn club standards and customs. Mentors help new members learn about the club and its activities.
- Develop confidence. Armed with the knowledge mentors provide, new members’ self-confidence increases.
- Participate more. Mentors help new members become familiar with and enjoy the club and its members. As a result, new members become more involved in club activities.
- Quickly learn speaking skills. Mentors familiarize new members with the resources available to them and coach them with their speeches, enabling the new members to advance faster.